Friday, July 10, 2015

Lululemon Lab Purchases, and 2 Months of Wearing a Uniform

While I was in Vancouver, I made several purchases at Lululemon Lab, which was a dream come true of mine (you may or may not know I've got a thing for Lululemon). I've been wanting to visit the Lab for years, and I'm not sure when I'll get to go back, so I kind of treated it like a once in a lifetime experience. All the stuff can transition from workout to streetwear, and many things are sharp enough to wear at work. My mom was kind enough to take some try on photos to help me decide what to purchase.....I had a blast. And loved everything.


We ended up going with the below four items for me, as well as some things for my husband:

1. Merino blend black mock turtleneck shirt (looks amazing with black pants and heels at work)
2. Black lightweight blazer/bomber jacket (another that I wear at work)
3. Bluish grey extra long tank top (great for running and layering)
4. Black skort (not for work, but can be worn for streetwear or running)

Just this past week, I found myself not really wearing my "uniform" of a light wash chambray shirt and black skinny slacks, and instead going for my dresses.

I don't think it's that I'm tired of my uniform....the trouble is that the shirts seem to look wrinkly, and I have started to lose patience with agonizing over my ironing board with them. In fact, I don't even feel like ironing my clothes....and these shirts are the only thing that require it. This, coupled with the fact that I've wanted to start dressing up more at work due to some stuff I have going on, so yeah....this week seems to be my break in uniform. I'm not sure that I'll give up my uniform, because after all, now I have 5 or so of the same exact shirt. But, I may have to accept that I may utilize them more for my off-work life. Who knows - maybe I'll swing back to them after a week break of constant ironing. But that's not really the point, is it? The point is to love the clothes you wear, and feel confident in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment