Monday, May 25, 2015

Time away....and any one else pondering their lives?

Hi all....sorry, I have been out from the interwebz for awhile. I deleted all my photos. I actually deleted this blog for a few days, but then I've had a change of heart. There are lots of things swirling around in my head. I'm having a crisis....more like an identity and "what do I want out of my life" crisis. It seems so trivial, because life is short. But then, because life is short, it seems so important.

I'm still minimalist. I'm still trying to streamline my life. But I want something more. Or different. As I try to find myself, teenager-style, I've made a few life changes that I think may help me out. I don't know how long I'll keep them up. I've started wearing a "uniform" of sorts. Instead of doing another edition of a capsule wardrobe for summer, I went for something totally different. I'm wearing nothing but black skinny pants and light wash chambray dress shirts. Black blazers for work. Various shoes, depending on the occasion. I'm also trying to do one to two meals a day "fully raw", for health. There are a few other life changes I'm hoping to make, but again, not sure how many I can handle at once.

All this to say, I can't pick up and move away (kids), I can't have an abrupt change of career (need to support my family), and I can't do those things that most people would do to put themselves in completely new environment...so I'm not sure what I'm doing, but let me continue to write here, and please read if you feel so inclined. Maybe I should retitle this blog "late twenties crisis - working mom with young kids is finding her purpose".

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back! I've missed your honest, common sense approach. I'm a working mom in her mid-40's whose kids are starting to get lives of their own. Time of transition here too - can't quit my job (college tuition around the corner), can't move (kids in high school) - I get it. I'm new(ish) to minimalism; it's making me happy, and I love what it teaches my teenagers. As a teacher, I'm nearing a 10 week vacation; looking forward to some time to re-group.
    I'll be reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hope you enjoy the transition, exploring minimalism, and the upcoming summer break as well.

      Delete