Friday, May 29, 2015

My initial experience with wearing a "uniform".

To try a little something different and spice up my life, I've decided to wear a "uniform". I've chosen black skinny pants (though sometimes will wear black dress slacks, jeans, or shorts) and ultra light wash chambray shirts, that could almost pass as a dress shirt. This is something that I can wear every single day, and it makes me correctly dressed for 90% of my days. For the other 10%, a dress in in order, so I still have my four dresses. This pic is not the best, as I normally tuck this in, with a belt, and you can't see my boots down below either. Also, at work, I have a black suit jacket on with this. Maybe I'll try to do some #OOTD pics with different variations later on.

However, end of a work day = harried and haggard me. So untucked shirt, blazer off, hair not on point, you get the picture (pun intended).

 In college, I did a challenge where I wore the exact same outfit every single day for a month. I actually loved it, and look back on the challenge with fondness. This time around, I was inspired by this art director at Saatchi, Matilda Kahl, who wears a self-mandated uniform of her liking. I'm no art director, but I do create art in my spare time! And I think managing human resources can be an art, if you think about it the right way.

My reflections on wearing the same thing every day at work this week?
LOVE IT. I echo what Matilda reflects in her article linked above. #whatshesaid.





2 comments:

  1. I was also Inspired by what Matilda Kahl did so I tried wearing a black dress for a whole month and I assure you that only one collegue noticed. I'm now working on presenting it on my blog. Bonus I totally enjoyed the process and used all my accessories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! A black dress is always on point. Do you plan to continue it, or switch to a different outfit?

      Delete