Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My painting is done! Our house.

I thought I knew my "plan", made an inspiration board, a sketch, and all that....but in the end, I really wanted to do something totally different. I painted our house! It's not quite as landscaped and the door isn't painted red yet (paint is purchased, but I haven't executed the project yet), but I thought it would be a really cool, timeless piece for us to have in our family...even if we were to move someday. You'll never forget your first house. It's not something I usually do, but I actually like the way it looks in our living room for now. It may be nice in the hallway too.

It was my first time to paint using acrylic ink - that stuff is amazing.

The finished product hanging over our mantle in the living room. It's so meta.....a painting of our house, inside our house.
Sketch I did prior to painting.
Base layers - halfway done.
Close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment