Friday, February 6, 2015

Purse chat. What does one keep in a small purse?

Small cross body purses are my favorite type, now that I don't have to have it double as a diaper bag. With a small purse, there is no room for clutter....you are forced to only keep a few things, which in turn makes it very easy and fuss free trying to access those things. Let's have a gander at what the contents of my purse are.

The purse I use is a Gold Coast Ginnie by Kate Spade. It looks smart, as they say in the UK, but doesn't look out of place with jeans and flats either. It's well-made, which is the most important quality to me. When I have a purse, I use that sucker until it falls apart.....I have high expectations for my purses. They need to last for years. My mom buys Louis Vuitton purses, and uses the same one for decades at a time (they are $$$$ but last forever and ever)....one day when I can drop that kind of cash, I'll probably go for something more like that, but now a few years at a time is good enough for me.

Now onto the contents.....here's what I carry around. When I travel or need to take a lot of stuff to/from work, I put this little purse into my large Longchamp Le Pliage along with the extra stuff.
  1. Cell phone (not pictured)...though I often have that in my hand or my pocket. It's my sidekick.
  2. Wallet. This one is a zippered Fossil wallet. I have always been a huge fan of Fossil...they have good stuff, and it is very durable.
  3. Car keys and house key.
  4. Work badge.
  5. Lip balm and lipstick (Burts Bees and bright red lipstick I LOVE called "British Red" by Loreal)
  6. Pen.
  7. Compact mirror. All I could find was grey and pink sparkly leopard print in HEB. But it's all good....I'll roll with it.
  8. Forever stamps. But actually, I RARELY use these...honestly, why do I even have these taking up real estate? I'll probably move them to my office supply box shortly hereafter.
  9. Sunglasses. I buy the super cheap kind from Target, and I love them. I just throw them in my bag without a worry....and they actually last me a long time, don't get scratched, etc.
  10. Not pictured.....a couple feminine products. This is probably TMI, but I have revolutionized "that time of the month" with a diva cup (being a woman just got easier!) so I actually no longer use that many disposable feminine products. Leave me a comment if you want me to write about that. I can't get too graphic, but I can speak to why I switched to that and what my general experience with it has been over the past year and a half.

2 comments: