Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Today it was good that I wore all black...(and my easy tea recommendations)

Today was one of those days where the world was subtly out to get me. After rushing to get to work at 6 am this morning for some meetings, I saw that they were both cancelled as soon as I sat down at my desk. That's okay, because it gave me some time to fix some hot tea - which I promptly burned my mouth on and subsequently spilled all over myself. Thank god I wore black to camouflage that.

But speaking of tea...I have two favorites that I drink daily, and are both seem to be easily obtainable at most grocery stores. One for mornings, one for evenings. I go a bit traditionalist in the morning with English Breakfast Tea by Twinings. I usually am not huge on black tea, but this stuff is so powerful and creamy...I adore it. It goes great with a splash of milk, or on its own. I got turned onto English breakfast tea by some British you tubers I watch, and I'm so glad I gave it a try.

 In the evening, I go to the other end of the spectrum for some more zen-like naturally decaf Lotus Blossom Green tea by Tazo. I drink this with a small bit of honey. I am a huge green tea fan, and the lotus blossom aspect of this gives it quite a unique flavor. The best way I can think to describe it is "delicate" and "fragrant". A tiny bit of honey enhances the flavor, and helps with a sore or dry winter throat.

I continue to experiment with teas as I go along the months and years, but I always come back to these because they are the best grocery store purchased teas I've been able to experience. They really do lift my mood, which is my measure of a "successful" tea.

Morning and Evening. Yin and Yang. Though, not gonna lie, sometimes I bust out the English Breakfast Tea at night when I'm feeling anxious....and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment