Friday, January 2, 2015

Painted some "interim" paintings for my fire place

I am still in the "finding inspiration" state of my painting journey for the piece I plan to create. I've created a pinterest board called "art inspiration", which is really helping me collect my thoughts and images/colors I'm drawn to. When I've had a chance to collect some more items of inspiration, I'll do a blog post showing some of my favorites. I'm realizing that this may take awhile, and in the meantime, wanted to have something over our mantle. I whipped these suckers up last night with some extra canvases I've had laying around. It's actually kind of nice to try these out here, because I'm really digging the color, and the lattice/medallion look. (Fun fact - the previous owners of our house had the medallion theme throughout the inside and outside of the house in their decor choices....it really appealed to me when we looked at our house for the first time, and I'm still inspired by it.)

Ultimately, these will hang in a 2x2 pattern above our bed in the master bedroom, but for now, they'll be place holders for what is to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment