Friday, November 21, 2014

Bought a house!

Welcome to my humble abode.
Let me start by saying that making the decision to buy a house and the house-buying process was the most draining, difficult, and stressful thing I have ever been through in my life, right down to the closing. I will literally NEVER buy a house again. I may have to type up my "house buying" story, kind of like I typed up a birth story for each of my kids' births. But that would have to be a separate post titled "my mortgage officer's first time to ever process a loan". LOLOLOL for days. Ah, to be a cash buyer. One day. But not, because I'm never doing this again.

I have to say we feel very lucky to have gotten into the market in this area when we did...you can read earlier posts about our attempt half a year ago to buy a home that did not work out and was fraught with multiple offers on 6 houses, bidding wars, and the like. This time, the offer part was easy, and just the start of an excessively volatile process to close.

We decided to go for a house on the lower end of our budget, and we truly felt that the one we bought is our dream home. We looked at houses nearly twice the price of the one we bought, but the minimalist instinct kicked in and we bought a small white brick house that we just felt was perfect for us.

I may do some more blogging about housekeeping and decor. I kind of want to feng shui the place....I'm talking fountain in the front yard to bring in prosperity and all that. But honestly, I think we will probably go into pay-off mode now, and crack the whip on our budget to knock this thing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment