Friday, October 10, 2014

Trying to steamline my makeup routine a bit.

bad to the bronze, y'all.
As I focus on simplifying different areas of my life and day-to-day activities, I become more cognizant of areas of improvement. Getting ready in the morning is one of those areas. On a micro level, putting on make up is definitely one of those areas. I'm starting with eye makeup to see if adopting a one-step approach with the correct product will work for me and make my mornings getting ready a bit more simple....

What was I doing before?
  • Brushes
  • Multiple colors
  • Eyeliner powder
  • More brushes
Now?
Apparently this stuff is the holy grail for low-maintenance, expensive-looking, cheap, and long-wearing eyeshadow. All the beauty vloggers I watch go batshit crazy for this stuff. I have to admit - I LOVE IT. This pic was taken at the end of the day after commuting, working, kid schlepping, playing, etc. I feel like I don't need eyeliner with this either, since it is dark enough to give some definition. I have stored away my other eyeshadow palettes and I'm going to try to stick to this one-step method for eyeshadow for awhile. I'm going to try to slowly simplify my morning getting ready routine, while hopefully not compromising the end result - LOL. My husband prefers me without makeup, but I love it too much to give it up and go ultra-minimalist.

No comments:

Post a Comment