Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Capsule Wardrobe Addition: Nude Heels! And my presentation outfit from today...

my Naturalizer Lennox pumps
After my pair of black pumps disintegrated this summer, I tried to go some time without replacing them to see if I really needed heels in my life. For a couple of months, I did okay, but have started to realize that I feel more professional when presenting or going to more important meetings while dressed in heels. Flats were feeling a bit too informal for me.

I ordered some Naturalizer Lennox heels (still for sale on various sites), and I LOVE THEM. I've worn them every day at work this week so far, and they are so comfortable (for being heels) and look professional yet modern. A nude pump is very versatile, so definitely can be more than just office wear should the occasion arise. I especially love that these have a tiny platform and aren't too high of a heel. 4" heels = no can do. I bought the Dr. Scholls dream heels inserts, and they really do make the shoes even more comfortable by adding some additional arch support (which heels normally don't have).

These came in the mail this weekend, so just in time to wear them to my presentation at work where I was graded on my presentation and speaking skills. These must have been good luck shoes, because the look seemed to have done the trick. Or maybe it was just my mad skillz. Either way, these shoes made me feel confident and comfortable at the same time.

Nude pumps, black ankle pants, white button up shirt, and black suit jacket = my presentation outfit from today.

2 comments:

  1. I just read your entire blog and you've really inspired me to create a capsule wardrobe. I look forward to reading more posts!

    ReplyDelete