Saturday, September 6, 2014

Simple dates are the best...

Finding an amazing, yet cheap restaurant within which to chow and chat.
To me, a good date has to have two components: 1. Good food/drink and 2. Good conversation. I think that many people get stressed out about planning or going on a date thinking that it needs to be some extravagant (and thus expensive) affair...but if you keep it simple, it can be stress free and highly enjoyable. Trying a new restaurant with my husband is one of my favorite things to do, and when we get some time alone together, I always really enjoy our conversation. After being married for over five years, it seems that we still haven't run out of things to talk about.

The caveot to this is that you have to be compatible with your date. If you are looking for good conversation and you go on a date with an idiot, then you won't have a good time. When you like to enjoy simple dates with someone (going for a run together, or grabbing coffee together), the success of the date relies heavily on the quality of your partner (and you). This makes me think....maybe when you marry solely for money, and you're not too crazy about your partner's personality....at least you have the extravagance of the dates to distract you from not liking your partner. When you marry for love, you get to enjoy simplicity together, and still really love life. I'm no relationship expert....just rambling my 2 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment