Sunday, September 21, 2014

My minimalist meal take-to-work prep in action!

I'm executing the plan I made last week regarding my meal plan, which is to find things I love to eat and create a routine out of those things. Steamlining my life is what I'm about now - it's an iterative process, so I feel like I'm in a good place to move into addressing a huge area of chaos for me: my food.

I did my first prep session for the week ahead, as per my meal plan. It was surprisingly easy, and took me less than 30 minutes including cleaning, cooking, etc. I made four meals for breakfasts and lunches at work, since one of the days I'm presenting and getting breakfast and lunch catered.

My breakfasts will consist of Special K chocolate mocha protein shakes (not pictured) and these berry/Greek yogurt/granola parfaits. The yogurt I love is Fage Greek Yogurt (pronounced "fah-yeh"). I use frozen berries for these because they mix up better with the yogurt. The granola is from the self-serve bulk section of HEB...I chose a coconut/almond granola. We'll see how that is....
The main portion of my lunches will be these green wraps. These particular ones contain hummus, organic deli chicken, cucumber, and spinach. I was hoping to make it to Potbelly to pick up my favorite hot pepper mix to add in, but I'll get around to that later.
The side dish for my lunches is this Mediterranean curry cous cous. I like the Far East brand that HEB carries. It takes 5 minutes to make, and adds a bit of interest and substance to the lunch.



No comments:

Post a Comment