Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Enjoying the little things...like an easy/cheap spot cleaning fix for carpet!

Our dining area has carpet. We have two small kids. Need I say anything else?

I discovered an amazingly simple and very common-sense (but not for me) way to clean the fossilized spots on our carpet using supplies most people already have on hand (found here). I tried it out, and I was actually shocked at how easy it was and how well it worked. This is the kind of productive energy spend that I'm hoping to get more of in my life as I continue to de-clutter both my physical and mental distractions. Finding enjoyment in even the mundane things that could benefit my home and my family is an interesting task I've put myself to, and so far, our carpet now looks a lot less ratchet.
Before and after!
Have some bothersome stains to remove from your carpet? Before forking out the $$ to rent a carpet shampoo machine, try this...

2 cups warm/hot water
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon clear dish soap
mix these together and scrub your carpet stains with a wash cloth

No comments:

Post a Comment