Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Confession Time.....

My confession is that I still use my Boppy pillow....and neither of my kids are infants any more.

A Boppy pillow is a kind of C-shaped pillow that is made specifically for use with babies - nursing, holding, propping them up, tummy time, cradling them, etc. You buy the pillow, and can choose from dozens of slip cover looks. I loved using the Boppy pillow with both of my kids when they were babies...for my daughter in particular because I had a C-Section with her, and it was too painful to hold her on my own for the first few weeks, so the Boppy allowed me to set her up close to my chest while she nursed.

The thing is....the Boppy, for me, is still SO useful. In fact, I use it every day. It's great as a laptop cushion when I'm laying in bed or sitting on the couch, because I can rest my arms on it and it elevates the laptop to where I can see it better. It can be used as a food surface for when you want to snack or eat whilst watching TV. The Boppy is also quite useful as a pillow in the more traditional sense -  I sometimes hold it while I sleep (sorry, husband!), and sometimes I put it under my knees if I sleep on my back.

I've been rather quick to purge baby items/equipment as my youngest has grown past them (we don't plan to have any more babies). As you probably know, I'm a huge fan of getting rid of things we don't use, so I'm normally very efficient and swift with regard to giving away our baby items. The Boppy is just so functional to me...I can't bring myself to get rid of it in favor of a "grown up" pillow....

No comments:

Post a Comment