Friday, August 29, 2014

What have I been filling my mind with latey?

I have recently cut myself off from several different news/social venues that I used to participate in, due to a mind shift that I've had recently toward simplification and value-add in my life. Instead of listening to the same boring, mindless radio stations (pop music and very surface-level pop culture) on my commute that I'd previously listed to for the past couple years, and instead of opening my facebook app up to read about the same people doing the same things day in and day out, it's given me the capacity to think about and explore other things outside of my "box". Doing this has allowed me to think less about myself and more about others' points of view, which I think is a positive thing.

Want to read my mind? Here are some topics I've been learning more about and pondering (for better or worse)....

  1. Religious journeying, especially video blogs of self-reflection by others (to and from Islam, Atheism, Christianity, etc.)
  2. Water fasting, and near-death experiences with it as well as why people choose to participate.
  3. Tours of homes and apartments around the world (my favorites have been Japanese apartments, French apartments, and Saudi homes).
  4. Listening to the relationship stories (both abusive and good) told by an English teacher living in Tokyo.
  5. Lessons learned from the French (parenting, gift-giving, eating, fashion, and overall living....even a little business focus as well).
  6. Human trafficking. Horrific subject that I somehow feel drawn to. I can't not listen to, watch, and read anything and everything about it.
  7. In vitro fertilization, breast augmentation, and lymphedema.
  8. This is work-related, but career pathing for equities analysts, what equities analysts do, and what "x factor" you need to have in order to be successful at analyzing them stocks.....
  9. Oh....and I probably shouldn't write this one here, but BDSM. Thanks, 50 Shades, which I haven't even read, nor do I really desire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment