Sunday, August 10, 2014

Framing my watercolor paintings...

My daughter and I painted this one together. The colorful/abstract part is her input.
I have been drawing and painting my entire life, but only just recently discovered water colors. These are now my favorite medium, and give me the exact look I imagine. For so many years I've been using acrylic on canvas, but I love ink/watercolor paint on watercolor paper so much more. Not only is the end result one that I hoped for in my mind before even starting the piece, but the process is easier, less messy, and overall more therapeutic. An added bonus is that it's easier to frame my water color paintings. I found some frames that are super cheap and look relatively luxurious and "grown up" from Ikea. Find them here. $9.99 for a huge frame like this! I could have removed the optional matting inside to reveal the entire painting, but liked the way this chick looked just peaking through the matting, so I left it.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I'm glad you discovered watercolors as one of the mediums. They're the most difficult to use, but with constant practice and consistency in techniques, it will be in your firm grasp for use in no time. Acrylic is almost the same, except the mistakes you make on the latter are easier to top off with another layer of paint. By the way, I love your drawing, Donna. Keep it up! :)

    Tara Barrett @ BlissFull Living Studio

    ReplyDelete