Saturday, August 16, 2014

An attempt at simple flower arranging....and (all is okay now) ER trip last night.

I like to keep fresh flowers in my home (almost always the HEB $4 flowers). However, I normally don't take time to arrange them thoughtfully. I typically slice off the ends on a diagonal, throw them in a vase with some water, and done! No trimming leaves, no layering lengths, nothing. To be honest, it never occurred to me to think about these things....until I saw this video on What's Up Moms on easy ways to arrange roses.

Here was my first attempt to make my store bought, self-arranged flowers look legit...
On an unrelated note....last night, my husband took my daughter to urgent care, and shortly thereafter were told to go to the ER downtown (one with an ophthalmologist on call), when she had a very small "foreign object" embedded in her eye. I noticed something in/on her eye before I was putting her to bed...so it went from there. They arrived at the ER at 9 pm, and were waiting there until 5 am to finally see a doctor. They were home at 6:30 am, completely exhausted. Long story short, my daughters eye is okay....foreign object is no longer in it after flushing it out and getting it cleaned out and tested. However, she does have a corneal abrasion as a result, so is following up with some antibiotic eye drops to let it heal up.
Foreign object embed resulting in corneal abrasion: barely visible after a 9-hour wait and doctor visit in the ER through the middle of the night. I was so worried that it would be more serious...thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment