Sunday, May 25, 2014

Crying peonies on a coffee table.

This evening after the kids' bedtime, when I'd normally be putting my outfit out to get ready for work at the butt crack of dawn the next day, I got to paint instead due to it being a holiday tomorrow. I've been inspired lately by vases of peonies (or some other preppy flower) set atop stacks of fancy books on coffee tables. I would NEVER do that in my own home, as I think that for the most part, trinkets that do not serve a function should not be laying around taking up space. Not to mention both of my small kids would knock that ish out within a matter of minutes. Now I get to have an emo version of that decor idea, without actually having to have a dusty stack of books and high-maintenance flowers taking up real estate on my coffee table. The irony is that I actually plan to put this painting in our master bathroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment