Wednesday, May 21, 2014

5 Years

Fun fact: Over the past five years, my wedding/engagement ring set has morphed significantly. The diamond is the same one, but my husband recently got me a new setting (prong setting with diamonds around), because my previous tension setting kept coming loose every year or so, and I felt that it wasn't as stable as I'd like it to be. The local jeweler in San Antonio we use has been wonderful, and always accommodating. My wedding band is also relatively new, because my other ones were some cheap ones we ordered online (guys, we were freaking 20 years old), and we always wanted to get one from the jeweler we use in San Antonio, to go along with the engagement ring. These settings, for the engagement diamond and the rows of diamonds in the wedding band and engagement ring, make me feel like an emu would love to bite my finger off....it's a LOT more sparkly than I've been used to, with a previously metal-heavy look.

My husband and I have been married for five years today. It seems like a long time, but in reality, it's just a short period of time that we've been lucky to get to live full lives within. I hope that we have many more years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment